|Posted by Jason on May 15, 2018 at 5:10 AM|
Green Driving Tips
C.A.R.S. and Washington State Auto Dealers
Did you know - Smart and safe driving can improve fuel economy by up to 33%
1) Keep rolling in traffic. it can take 20% more fuel to accelerate from a full stop than from 5mph. anticipate stops and coast as much as possible.
2) Avoid unnecessary idling. When you idle, you get zero miles per gallon, increase engine wear and air pollution goes up.
3) Drive you vehicle to warm it up. automobiles today don't need a warm-up. Even on cold morning's, running your engine for 30 seconds is all you need.
4) Maintain an optimum highway speed for good mileage. Even going more than 60 mph uses more fuel. Use Cruise Control. Cruise control helps maintain a steady speed and can provide a 7% average fuel savings.
5) Slow down. Fuel economy decreases about 1% for every mph over 55.
6) Avoid rapid Stats and Stops. you'll maximize mileage and save dollars at the pump.
7) Combine Trips. you engine runs more efficiently once it's warmed up, so make it in one trip when ever you can.
Most of all enjoy your Trips by making sure you car is in good working order.